Marriage as a sacred institution can only end on the basis of infidelity according to the Holy Book, and religious organizations also advise couples to separate in cases of domestic violence.
However, there are some Nigerian celebrities who seemed unlucky with their first marriages as they suddenly crash over irreconcilable differences, domestic violence, and reasons they refused to make known to the public.
In this article, Jaratunes highlights six popular Nigerian celebrities who have been married twice or thrice and despite parting ways with their first husband the crash of the marriage did not affect their fame.
1. Funke Akindele: The box office queen has been married twice. Funke Akindele got married to Adeola Kehinde Oloyede on May 26, 2012, and got divorced in July 2013, citing irreconcilable differences.
Funke Akindele later married Nigerian rapper JJC Skillz in London in May 2016 and separated in June 2022 over irreconcilable differences.
2. Toyin Abraham: The Nollywood actress got married to her colleague, Adeniyi Johnson in July 2013 and the union hit the rock in August 2015 over issues of infidelity.
In 2019, the thespian married Kolawole Ajeyemi, in a secret ceremony and welcomed a baby boy the same year.
3. Mercy Aigbe: In 2013, Mercy married a Nigerian hotelier, Lanre Gentry, and had two children with him. In 2017, she shared photos of herself after allegedly being assaulted by her husband, they later separated due to claims of domestic violence.
In 2022, Mercy broke the internet with news of her marriage to movie marketer, Kazim Adeoti and it was alleged she snatched him from his wife, Funsho Adeoti.
4. Foluke Daramola: The actress has been married twice. Her first marriage was to Tunde Sobowale in 2005 but it crashed in 2008 after two children.
In 2013, Foluke married Nigerian politician, Kayode Salako.
5. Shan George: The veteran actress first got married in 1985 when she was 16 years old and had two children with her first husband before they divorced in 1991.
In 2011, She got married in a secret ceremony. In an interview with PUNCH, the actress said her second marriage did not work out due to a couple of things and her husband was in England while she lives in Nigeria.
She later married Anthony Nwosisi, making him the third husband but the union crashed over alleged infidelity.
6. Monalisa Chinda: She was first married to Dejo Richards and the marriage collapsed in 2009 over allegations of domestic violence and abuse.